The FCS CP Council is the membership group that looks at the strategic and competition issues for the telephony, broadband and numbering companies delivering communications services. It's mission is to:
“Provide a service to member companies providing B2B products and services by helping to establish a favourable operating environment, providing a forum for discussion and providing information to assist them in their business.”
The CP Council is chaired by Dave Dadds of DRD Communications.
The CP Council membership comprises all relevant FCS member companies. It takes a deliberately high-level view of industry developments, drawing on the detailed work undertaken by the various FCS committees and standing relationships with Openreach, the Equivalence of Access Board, PSA and the Office of the Telecommunications Adjudicator.
The FCS CP Coucil's objectives are:
- To be a central representative body to exchange the views of the B2B CP industry and its customers with Government departments and agencies, Ofcom, Parliament, the European Commission and European Parliament and other relevant organisations.
- To provide research and statistical information, to aggregate and publish statistics, and to provide analysis on relevant market information.
- To provide technical commentary, guidance and advice on legal and other regulatory developments of relevance to B2B Comms Provision.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of information.
- To promote the B2B CP sector.
Current issues include:
- Recognition of the B2B market by Ofcom and Openreach
- Openreach separation
To find out how you can join the FCS CP Council, contact firstname.lastname@example.org