FCS is an all-industry association: Membership is open to any organization which supplies or supports business-grade communications solutions to commercial, public sector or private customers.
As markets converge and new technologies emerge, it matters less and less what technical platform is used to deliver those solutions; more and more that the solutions are the best combination of price, functionality and reliability to meet that particular customer’s needs.
FCS members are the professionals in business-quality communications. It is a condition of membership that companies sign the FCS Code of Conduct for good business practice, and commit to trade legally and ethically at all times. FCS itself is committed to abide by the Trade Association Forum's code of practice for trade association governance
Once admitted to Membership, companies can participate in shaping FCS policy positions and escalating commercial issues by taking part in FCS’ various working groups, or by joining delegations to Ofcom or government or EU departments.
Member companies enjoy a number of commercial benefits, including preferential discounts for the FCS Code of Practice service and free membership of Ombudsman Services: Communications, the Ofcom-approved dispute resolution scheme. Eversheds Solicitors provide a free legal helpline, while other FCS affiliate partners offer members-only rates on services as diverse as private medical cover or ISO27000 consultancy. In addition, FCS is now working in partnership with TrainToWin.tv, the industry specialist training consultancy, to deliver best-in-class training resources so member companies can meet their staff development objectives.
The best way to determine if FCS membership is for you is to ask another FCS member. The headline benefits of membership are outlined in FCS’ ‘Secure your future’ flyer. For detailed information of how FCS membership could help your business, call Laura on 020 7186 5438, or email email@example.com.
FCS Ethical Code of Business Practice
· Members of the FCS are committed to offering the highest standards of professional and ethical service to their customers.
· Members comply with relevant obligations as set out in UK legislation including the Communications Act 2003 and with Codes of Practice and Standards or Regulations agreed from time to time by the FCS Board of Directors or relevant members' groups.
· Members ensure that staff receive appropriate training, are encouraged to obtain relevant qualifications and maintain their professional skills.
· Members carry an appropriate level of public liability insurance, the certificate for which will be displayed in all operating premises (notes 1 and 2)
· In cases where the FCS has evidence that a member has breached the FCS Ethical Code of Practice the FCS Board of Directors retains the right to expel the offender from membership of the FCS.
Feedback from our members in 2015
'You guys continue to give us small players a tremendous position in the industry. Big thanks to you & your staff.'
'Impressive list of achievements across the breadth of FCS activity – well done to you and the team!'
'Thank you for your support, we wouldn’t be here, with this profile if it weren’t for your help! Appreciated more than I can say.'
For more information on membership, please contact Laura firstname.lastname@example.org