Membership Benefits & Services
FCS is an all-industry association: Membership is open to any organization which supplies or supports business-grade communications solutions to commercial, public sector or private customers.
As an FCS member, companies can participate in shaping FCS policy positions and escalating commercial issues by taking part in a one of the various FCS working groups, or by joining delegations to Ofcom or government or EU departments.
It is a condition of membership that companies sign the FCS Code of Conduct for good business practice, and commit to trade legally and ethically at all times. FCS itself is committed to abide by the Trade Association Forum’s code of practice for trade association governance.
FCS members also abide by the FCS ethical code of business practice.
What are the benefits of being an FCS member?
- Ombudsmen Service membership– Ombudsman Services is a successful, private, not-for-profit company providing an expert independent dispute resolution service for the communications sector. FCS members receive free membership of Ombudsman Services as well as preferential rates on individual cases. To view more information click here
- Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme – As a member you will automatically be fast-tracked through your application for the Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme! Gigabit vouchers can be used by small businesses and the local communities surrounding them to contribute to the installation cost of a gigabit-capable connection. Businesses can claim up to £2,500 against the cost of connection either individually or as part of a group project. For more information about Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme please click here.
- FCS Code of Practice- the service provides Ofcom compliant Consumer and Complaint Code templates at an affordable rate, discounted for members. As part of the service, FCS also carries out an annual maintenance review to ensure that your codes are up to date and remain compliant.
- Providing Feedback from industry Group and Fora – we seek to attend the vast majority of relevant meetings of interest to FCS members. We will then provide updates to our members.
- Responding formally to consultations- FCS will contact members for their feedback on industry consultations and respond formally on your behalf.
- Member meetings –Essential news and immediate access to information that affects your business with in our regular industry briefings and frequent sector-specific policy updates.
- Day to Day Support – we provide support for telephone and email enquiries from our members on a range of topics, including regulation, best practice, and industry process.
- Briefings and announcements – we keep track of briefings and announcements made by major industry stakeholders.
- Member Directory – FCS member companies are promoted and listed on our members directory located here.
- Training – FCS offer training programmes which use modern learning techniques and practices to deliver the most effective and relevant training available today
at a discounted rate for its members.
For more information on membership, please contact FCS on [email protected]
Apply for FCS Membership
Membership is open to any organization which supplies or supports business-grade communications solutions to commercial, public sector or private customers.