Posted on 10/03/2017
FCS is proud to bne working with BSI to host the 2018 CISPR EMC standards-writing congress in the UK next year.
FCS’s normal interest in radio emissions is in-vehicle installations and the wider PMR and critical communications industry. But we are extending that purview in 2018 with an exciting new venture. We’re working in partnership with BSI, the UK standards body to bring CISPR to the UK for the first time since 2001.
We’re running the event at Aston University’s business conference centre in the heart of Birmingham, from September 24 – October 4 2018.
CISPR’s work represents the largely hidden side of radio frequency engineering: it covers spurious emissions in just about every area of society:
- CIS/A covers radio-interference measurements and statistical methods
- CIS/B handles interference relating to industrial, scientific and medical RF apparatus
- CIS/D deals with EM disturbances related to electric and electronic equipment on vehicles and devices powered by internal-combustion engines (like concrete mixers or chainsaws)
- CIS/F covers interference relating to household appliances, tools, lighting and similar equipment
- CIS/H sets limits for the protection of radio services, and
- CIS/I, formed in 2001 from the former CIS/E and CIS/G, deals with EMC of information technology equipment (ITE), multimedia equipment and receivers.
Please contact Chris Pateman or Tim Cull for further details on how to get involved in this unique opportunity.
Published on 20/09/17 by firstname.lastname@example.org (Telecompaper)Google said it will give GBP 1 million to help fight extremism in the UK, as part of a USD 5 million global commitment. the BBC reported. Prime Minister Theresa May wants technology companies to be mo...
Published on 20/09/17 by email@example.com (Telecompaper)
EE (BT) has filed a legal appeal around Ofcom’s forthcoming 4G/5G spectrum auction in the 2.3GHz and 3.4GHz bands, ISPreview reported. The specific aim of the suit is to stop FCS members please log in to view full article OR click here to view online
Published on 20/09/17 by firstname.lastname@example.org (Telecompaper)Amazon has introduced its new Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet to the US and UK. The device sports a 10.1 inch 1080p full HD display, faster performance, longer battery Life, and -for the first time- Alexa Ha...
Comms is a fast-moving multi-national industry. To make sure FCS members have the best possible chance to stay up to date with developments, FCS has partnered with Telecompaper to provide members with daily news-feeds, tailored specifically to the UK comms market.