As communicated previously, FCS is engaging with Ofcom on its Mobile Strategy Review. Ofcom has now requested our members specific feedback and views on the provision of mobile services to business customers. This is a great opportunity for the FCS membership to input to and influence this review and to ensure that our members key requirements are considered.
The specific questions Ofcom would like FCS members answers to are as follows:
- Do business customers typically want to obtain all their connectivity services (mobile and fixed) from the same communications provider?
- What is the most important aspect of the mobile service for business customers (e.g. data allowance, minutes allowance, handset, etc…)?
- What additional services do FCS members offer their business customers (e.g. software, business support, etc…)?
- Are the mobile services offered to customers ‘off-the-shelf’, or do members typically offer bespoke packages to each business customer? How much does this vary between small, medium and large businesses?
- Do business customers place more importance on quality of service or price when selecting their mobile connectivity? When considering quality of service, what is most important (e.g. customer service, network quality, etc…)?
- How do FCS members obtain wholesale access to mobile services? We would be interested to hear about any difficulties in obtaining wholesale services from MNOs/MVNOs.
- Any other comments FCS members may have on the provision of mobile services to business customers?
- How do FCS members see the provision of mobile services to business customers evolving over the coming years?
Please could you let us have your responses to the questions on [email protected] by 16th July
Ofcom has also confirmed that if helpful, they are very happy to hold a meeting with FCS members to run through some of the key issues and if this is the case, the FCS will be happy to facilitate this meeting so please let us know.