Join FITAS as a Member
Interested in joining FITAS?
You can now apply online!
Firstly, you will need to make sure have the following requirements:
An applicant to the FITAS scheme is required to demonstrate specific minimum entry criteria:
- Please provide evidence of either a Qualification (NVQ or City & Guilds in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair – Auto Electrical or similar) achieved no more than years prior to the date of application to the FITAS scheme or a minimum of two years relevant motor industry experience immediately prior to the date of the FITAS application.
- You will also need to provided evidence of current cover for Public Liability Insurance and Product Liability or Defective Workmanship Indemnity Insurance (a minimum of £5 million for both PI and workmanship, held either in the name of the applicant or in the name of the company under which the applicant trades or is employed).
You will therefore require scanned copies of the below evidence before you apply online.
- Qualification – please supply a copy of the qualification certificate.
- Employment – please supply a statement from your employer (or employers if you have changed jobs within the 2 years).
- Public Liability & Product Liability / Defective Workmanship Indemnity Insurance – please supply a copy of the valid insurance certificate. (A minimum of £5 million of each of the Public Liability and Defective workmanship cover is required).
How to Register
- Click the link HERE and follow the below instructions to apply.
- Click the Register tab
- Think of a strong password (8 characters minimum including numbers, letters and symbols).
- Complete the registration form as requested.
You will need access to the scanned copies of proof of evidence as note above as part of your application.
Once your application has been accepted, we can enrol you for the course.
Every FITAS Accredited Member has to undertake the Basic Training and the examination. Basic Training is in the form of a series of on-line learning modules based on FCS 1362 which each have an on-line examination associated with it.
These modules will be made available to you upon acceptance of your application and payment of the Basic Training & Examinations fee.
Note that experienced installers may choose to only undertake the examinations.
Once the examinations are passed, you will be required to undertake the audit.
The FITAS Audit
The FITAS audit is conducted on a live audit of a real installation. It is arranged collaboratively between the FCS, the employer or engineer and the operator of the chosen venue.
The audit examines the whole work, including administration, the professionalism of the installer and the outputs from the work.
The costs of the audit are covered within the membership fees.
Once the audit is passed, the installer is granted ‘Accredited Member’ Status. He or she is issued with their certificate, the ID card and they are listed on the FCS website members pages. The certificate will include the expiry date for the validity of the accreditation.
Note that the ID card is personalised and therefore the applicant will need to provide a photograph that is compliant to passport standards.
If you have any questions before you apply email: [email protected]